Representing ranching families who produce quality beef in a responsible manner.
The Arizona Cattlemen Growers' Association is the trusted source of information and advocacy for Arizona's beef producing families.
- Honorable: Trustworthy – you can believe what we say.
- Venerable: Built on a culture and history that inform the present and shape the future.
- Constructive: Decisions are science-based and outcome-focused.
- Responsible: We protect our animals, environment and consumers.
The Arizona Cattle Growers' Association (ACGA) was founded over 100 years ago when a small group of concerned cattlemen took it upon themselves to help structure the future of the cattle industry in this great state. Their primary concern was that there be orderly, systematic laws protecting livestock and property. On January 4, 1904, these dedicated cattlemen organized the Arizona Cattle Growers' Association (ACGA).
More than 100 years later, protecting Arizona's livestock industry is still ACGA's number one commitment. Today, the ACGA has grown into a vital organization representing more than 2,000 beef cattle producers and industry leaders throughout the state.
- Performing federal and state legislative activities consisting of proposing and reviewing legislation and lobbying for or against legislation as in the best interest of ACGA.
- Performing public relations activities that will promote the image and heritage of the ranching and cattle industry, build positive relationships with key individuals, media, agencies, consumers, schools and others important to ranching and the cattle industry.
- Initiate, enter into, defend or prepare a response to litigation in the collective good of the common interest and importance.
- Consistently provide timely and accurate information to the membership that is of common interest and importance.
- Provide opportunities for members to become educated on issues of importance.
- Maintain a strong and informed membership base.
- Build alliances with common interest groups.
Jay Whetten, Willcox
1st Vice President
Billy Elkins, Snowflake
2nd Vice President
Clay Overson, Kingman
Richard Searle, Pearce
John Ladd, Bisbee
Emmett Sturgill, Kingman
Immediate Past President
P Andrew Groseta, Cottonwood
Board of directors
ACA Business Associate
Juliet Conant, Purina
UA Collegiate Livestock Growers' Association